Until about a week later when we give up. With competition prep just around the corner for me, it’ll be a lot easier for me to stay on track this year versus my previous years. Why? Because of all the money ,effort, and time I am putting into this competition. Plus the fact that if it’s publicly out there, now everyone is going to question what happened if I just suddenly stop!
Yesterday I was in the gym and I just was not feeling it. I couldn’t get myself in a good mindset, a good pump…just pure nothing. My head was throbbing and I felt that I just couldn’t catch a good breath…does anyone else ever experience just a lack of “pump” at the gym? I had literally the whole day ahead of me with nothing to do, and I aimed to spend a lot of time at the gym, but in reality I just couldn’t get myself to do it.
And that’s OK! Sometimes we need a break. Sometimes It’s okay to skip the gym, or take an off day, or indulge. But that’s the thing, it’s temporary…it’s okay to indulge occasionally, but it’s when it becomes a new habit that we need to reevaluate what we are doing.
I’ve decided to do some self reflecting and think about some habits I want to change, or maybe a few things I would like to pick up as the new year comes into play. Tackling all at the same time may be overwhelming, so throughout the year I hope to crush all of these goals:
- Stop worrying about the scale number—Tabitha you are WAY more than a number!!
- Start focusing more on your career—study study study and kill your masters degree!
- Stop overseeing the beauty in the small things—you never let yourself enjoy the present. Stop rushing your life away and enjoy the small things
- Find love in the gym—don’t do it because you HAVE too, stop seeing it as a chore and make it fun again
- Don’t say no to opportunities—if someone asks you to get coffee, GET COFFEE! Don’t make an excuse to sit at home alone in your room. Go enjoy an hour with company!
- Find time to read books you enjoy
What are YOUR goals for the new year??