Morning versus nighttime workout? Pre-workout favorites?

20160115_231734360_iOS

There’s something about waking up, doing what you love as a career, and then hitting the gym. Personally, I get myself up at 5AM everyday so I can make it to work at 8am (one hour long commute..the worst!). I make sure I have time to eat my oatmeal and eggs with a cup (or 2, depending on how rough the morning is) of coffee, get dressed, do my makeup, mess up on my makeup and have to fix it, and have time to forget something last minute! After work most of the time no one ever wants to hit up the gym, but thankfully pre workout comes into play!!

After experimenting with nearly every kind under the sea….C4 Watermelon or pink lemonade OR RSP Dyno fruit punch are my go-tos! (always having deals at bodybuilding!) Personally, I go for the choices that are higher in beta-alanine (the component of vitamin b5 that gives you that jittery, tingly feeling) versus anything else. Caffeine is like water to me—I usually drink coffee around the clock…and by that I mean I drink it at 9pm and fall right to sleep. So the caffeine content in the pre workout isn’t entirely important to me. I need something that will get me out of my seat and sweating!

I used to be a morning gym person, but I’ve discovered that  I have a lot more energy to spend at night. As much as I do love getting it out of the way and getting my day on track, going at night allows me to have a better lift. There is no “right” or “wrong” time to work out, as long as you get over there and break a sweat that’s all that matters.  I actually tried a few 5AM sessions and I was winded within 15 minutes! I guess it doesn’t really help that my carb intake has been on the lower end due to competition prep. Less than 8 weeks out until my first NPC bikini show! Let’s see these changes happen!

Advertisements

10 thoughts on “Morning versus nighttime workout? Pre-workout favorites?

1. Micah says:

find it interesting how some people are more energetic in the morning and others at night. maybe it has to do with our natural rhythms? i go midday, around 11.

• daleydish says:

I’m such a morning person (catch me around 3:30pm and I’m miss cranky pants!) But after taking a year off from the morning lifts and going at night, I realized I have a lot more energy to spend at night. It took some getting used to, but it worked. 11AM would be nice if jobs didn’t interfere!

2. Beach Body Bliss says:

Up until about a year ago I always worked out between 8-10pm… I couldn’t do that now if my life depended on it! And I can’t do after work because like you said, I can’t deal with the crowds. So hard to find a reasonable time lol But that’s awesome you can do 5am every day! Good luck at the Bikini show 🙂

3. Anders Bore says:

I am dead at 5 am in the morning! Don’t understand how you can deal with that. I do the training at night for two reasons:
    1. I have more energy (like you mentioned)
    2. It is a nice way to remove accumulated stress that I have gotten through a hectic day.

Good luck at the show!

• daleydish says:

Today was a struggle getting out of bed (especially with the weather and how cold it’s been in western PA lately). There’s great to hear that you use exercise as a stress reliever! great tactic!

4. lexesfitness says:

Good luck for your NPC comp! It’s a life changing experience ❤ If you have any questions or need advice, don't hesitate to ask!