Mondays: One of the most dreaded days of the week. How can we go from enjoying a weekend to hating our lives with the sound of one word: Monday. a LOT of people ask me how I’m so chipper in the morning, or how I can even get my butt to the gym in the mornings on a Monday. Sometimes I never really even realize that I act that way, so I’ve decided to compile a few of my own tips on how I personally manage to get up, get going, and get productive!
- Going to sleep early: everyone makes fun of me for being a 21 year old with a “bed time” but once 8:30pm hits on a sunday I’m usually throwing on my PJs and getting ready to ease into sleep. Although many studies find that using electronics can zap your ability to sleep, I used the last hour of night curled up in bed to scroll through pinterest or my kindle. It’s a nice, unwinding ritual I have. Getting to sleep early definitely helps you wake up earlier.
- Setting music as my alarm: Nothing better than waking up to an upbeat alarm versus that obnoxious wailing sound of beeping! I keep my phone on my nightstand and around 3:30-4am it’ll go off with some pumped up alarm. Hoodie Allen woke me up this morning but occasionally T Swift or Justin Beiber makes a guest appearance.
- Making a to-do list the night before: Knowing what you desperately haveeeee to get done for the day instead of waking up thinking: oh sh*t, what was I supposed to do today? Makes my morning so much easier. I usually use the note app on my phone to jot things down, but a pen and paper works well too.
- Having my coffee and pre-workout prepped, oats ready, and gym bag packed: Waking up and grabbing my pre workout from the fridge already portioned out thanks to the Jay Cutler shaker bottle I got from GNC (for free!) makes my morning easier. I usually do my AM workouts fasted, so waking up, grabbing my gym bag, chugging my pre workout and heading out the door is simple. When I come home, my oats are already measured out (I do this the nigh before) and my coffee is prepared waiting for me to click brew. Making mornings easier by prepping is my key to having a successful morning
- Exercise! I cannot tell you how many times I decided to workout after I get home from my 7am-4pm job and just have my day ruined! Putting off my usual 1.5-2 hour gym day to after work eats into my relaxation time at night. By doing it in the morning, I have the ability to come home from work, relax, unwind, and get some to-do tasks out of the way.
Those are all my personal ways to have a successful Monday, what are some of yours??