That’s right… three small ingredients + no baking = a task anyone can do!
Occasionally I’ll visit a retirement home and talk about a nutrition topic of their interest. The other day and they were asking me about health and wellness along with quick and easy desserts. The chocoholic in me wanted to scream PB CHOCOLATE NO BAKES!!! You know…the ones with the sugar…butter….PB…and did I mention a lot of sugar?? The ones that mom makes when you come home from college on holiday break
But the dietitian in me said I would look into healthier alternatives for easy desserts, and I think I made a good find on this one:
Peanut butter…honey…and oats…how much easier could it get?
Try not to eat them all at once!
1 cup Peanut Butter
¾ cup of Honey
3 cups Quick Oats
1. Line a 9×9 pan with foil. Spray lightly with non-stick spray.
2. Add honey and peanut butter to a large sauce pan and place on low heat. Allow to cook until liquid consistency.
3. Stir in oats. Mix until well incorporated.
4. Pour mixture into 9×9 pan.
5. Store in the freezer or fridge. Cut into squares and serve. Serves 30
Per serving: 97 calories, 5 g of fat, 12 g carb, 3.4 g protein
The older population felt that these were a hit! They were all scrounging around for the recipe cards I provided. This is PERFECT in the summer time when you don’t want to turn on your stove.
Tip: add nuts, chocolate chips, coconut birrs, or dried fruit!
Would are some of your favorite easy desserts?